Monday, January 29, 2007

Where Roland will eventually end up



The gallows

Looking back on my life; ever so shallow. Slowly they walk me; to the gallows. They want me to hang, from the gallows; standing me tall, before my fall. I raped...and I pillaged. I killed women and children, in every village.Now I'm going to hang, from these gallows; sentenced. To feel my body dangle and shake, for the violence I left in my wake. Forward I walk.I do not resist; for them to end my life, I could only insist. Let me hang, from these gallows.How grand it would be; for the world to finally look up at me? Floor gives loose, I feel the tightening noose.My death is rushed, as my larynx is crushed.Fascinated to standby; so happy to see me die.I hear the commotion, as my body whips in motion. The rope is too short, at the take.Not to end my life, with a fast and even break. I hang from these gallows, slipping and fading. Through my life, ever so wading. Dying slowly from these gallows, it only takes a short while. I look down to the crowdand give a loving smile.Far from a heroic death. I can't even draw in my last breath; as I flop and swing.I embrace whatever death may bring.


Joshua Fegley